What is Afterpay?
We give shoppers the freedom to buy what they want today and pay for them in four equal payments made every 2 weeks without any interest. Afterpay integrates seamlessly with retailers checkouts and helps increase sales, average order values and customer satisfaction.
Can I change the date a payment is due?
Great news! You can now change the due date of a payment yourself via our mobile app or website! It's pretty straight forward.
Mobile app is NOT available in Canada, please direct Canadian customers to online portal for self-service.
Mobile app and online
- Open the order that you wish to change the payment date on
- Choose the new date
- We do the rest we will collect the funds from your account on the date that you have selected.
Ok, so this doesn't solve for every situation, if the option is not available you will see a message on screen like this "Uh oh! This payment date can’t be changed"
- We have some purchases that we are unable to move the move payment date for, if you try on one of those purchases you will see this error message.
- You can only move one payment per order, if you need more help please send us a message via the mobile app
- You will not be able to reschedule the first or last payments via this self-service feature, if you require help with this please send us a message via the mobile app
- If a payment is already overdue or due within the next 24 hours we cannot move the payment (neither our team or using the self-service feature), once we get within 24 hours of the due date it is too late to change the automation
- Brand new customers (less than 42 days since your first purchase) will not be able to use this feature
- If you are already under a hardship repayment arrangement with us you will not have this feature
Why is my order being declined?
We offer simple instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
Simply shop with one of your favourite stores found in the Shop Directory and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the merchant. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your AMEX, debit or credit card on the payment due date.
Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending. It is possible that your order may be declined, even if the order amount is less than your estimated spending limit, as Afterpay uses a variety of factors to determine approval of orders. In addition to your individual spending limit, there may be additional limitations based on the merchant where you are shopping.
When determining which orders to approve, we consider a number of different factors. As an example, the longer you have been a shopper with Afterpay and the more orders you have successfully repaid, the more likely you will be able to spend more.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first installment amount of the order value available to spend on the card you are using)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Can I pay less than the full instalment amount?
Exciting Recent Change - pay what you can when you can!
You can however, use the pay part payment feature - this is quite new only works from logging on via our URL not our mobile app.
1. Login to your account via our URL afterpay.com
2. Click on payments schedule
3. Click on view order
4. Click on the new button 'Make a payment' just under the order summary
5. A new screen opens up - you can key in the amount you wish to repay - this can be all or part of the instalment or the whole remaining order value if you wish. The payment schedule is adjusted to show what you have paid.
6. In this example I have paid a bit more off than just the instalment amount so it has reduced the next payment. Really handy if you have just been paid but couldn't afford to pay both instalments in one go. So you can choose to pay more or less than the full instalment amount, giving you a bit more flexibility than before. When the next due date comes along we will only collect whatever is still owing so you can relax and let us get on with that.
We are always interested in customer feedback so give it a go and tell us what you think - we know you want to be able to manage your payments with more flexibility and we do listen and take your ideas on board.
How much can I spend with Afterpay?
You may be shown estimated amounts that you can spend with Afterpay. Please note, it is possible that your order may be declined, even if the order amount is less than your estimated spending limit, as Afterpay uses a variety of factors to determine approval of orders and limits may be lower at certain merchants.
Estimated Spending Limit
The estimated spending limit found in your account is the estimated amount you can spend using Afterpay. This amount is not guaranteed and may change based on a variety of factors as described below. In addition to your individual spending limit, there may be additional limitations based on the merchant where you are shopping.
The amount you can spend using Afterpay generally changes based on how you use your account. We know that being aware of factors that influence your available spending can help you stay in control of your finances, so we’ve broken down some of those factors below:
Making payments on time
Your payment history is an important factor that affects how much you can spend with your account. Here are a few things to look out for that may impact your available spending:
- Late payments
- The frequency of late payments
- How late a payment was made
- How often scheduled payments on your account get declined
- How often orders get declined due to insufficient funds on the payment method on-file
But just as there are things that might decrease the amount you can spend, good spending behavior like making payments on time might increase what you can spend with your account.
We’re committed to making sure that our community feels empowered and in control of their finances, so if you’re facing financial hardship and are unable to make payments, contact us to ask about how we might be able to help.
How long you’ve been using Afterpay
If you’re a new Afterpay user, the amount you can spend will be lower than if you’ve been responsibly using the platform for a long time. Typically, the longer you’ve been using your account—and have made payments on time—the more likely the amount you can spend will increase.
Have you downloaded our Mobile App?
The APP is free and available now to download
Within the app you can:
- Shop in-store at selected stores with Afterpay Card
- Check your loyalty status
- Get inspiration for your next shopping spree - Search the store directory which will direct you to the merchant site to place orders
- Review your order history
- Update card information - change your preferred card or add a new one
- Make payments using PAYNOW
- Create Afterpay support tickets
- No need to remember username and password - use fingerprint sign in!
PLEASE KEEP YOUR APP UP TO DATE - HOW TO CHECK YOUR CURRENT VERSION
- Go to PLAY store
- Afterpay App | Check app info
- Want to check version #
- Upgrade if you need to
- Go to APP store
- Afterpay App | What’s new? Check version history
- Want to check version #
- Upgrade if you need to